DJ PUMP company has improved the quality of the
impeller and extended the life time at the same time through increasing the
durability and anti-abrasion character by making it with special rubber using
its 30 years experience and accumulated technology. As the result, the product
can stand comparison with those of the world famous manufacturers.
We will pay back to the customers with the best quality products.
Impeller Material and Usage
|Neoprene||Neoprene impellers are used for most flexible impeller pumps in engine cooling, fresh or salt water transfer and suitable for use where only small amounts of oil or diesel fuel are present.|
|Nitrile||Nitrile impellers are used in bilge pumping, oil and diesel transfer, heavily contaminated water. Flow rate reduced approximately 10% as compared to neoprene.|
How to Replace the impeller
The impeller is a consumption item, and the life differs depending on the working condition. When suction power of the pump seems to be lowered, remove the front cover and check the impeller for blade condition. If the blade is cracked, or excessively deflected, and does not fit to the inner circumference of the pump case, take it as the limit of use, and replace the impeller in the following procedure.
- Remove the front cover fixing bolts.
- Pull out the impeller with a set of pliers or a nipper.
- Insert a new impeller. Insert it while turning into the direction of impeller rotation to make the work easier. If it is still hard to insert, apply a small quantity of grease or soap water to the top end of the impeller blade then the insertion becomes easier. Be sure to match the deflection of impeller blade with the rotational direction. The pump may sometimes fail to turn if the deflection is inverse.
- Keep the impeller in a cool and dry place where direct sunlight does not reach.
- Check for cracks and tears and replace impeller at least once every year.
- DON'T RUN DRY When the pump is used for water discharging from a preserve and others, pay attention to rundry. If the pump is kept running even after completing water discharge, the rubber impeller in the pump burned in 20 to 30 seconds.
- REFRAIN FROM USING THE PUMP FOR SAND AND OTHER SLUDGE Sludge such as sand damages the rubber impeller and the pump casing.
- WHEN LEFT TO STAND FOR A LONG TIME AFTER BEING USED FOR SEA WATER Remove the front cover and pull out the impeller in the pump for storage. Otherwise, the pump may sometimes fail to work due to salt fixing.
※ Neoprene Maximum Temperature 55˚C (130˚F)
※ Nitrile Maximum Temperature 76˚C (170˚F)